Stratiform Copper in Quebec
About Kintavar Exploration Inc.
Kintavar Exploration is a Canadian mineral exploration Corporation engaged in the acquisition,
assessment, exploration and development of gold and base metal mineral properties.
It’s flagship project is the Mitchi property (approx. 30,000 hectares, 100% owned) located west of the Mitchinamecus reservoir, 100 km north of the town of Mont-Laurier. The property covers an area of more than 300 km2 accessible by a network of logging and gravel roads with a hydro-electric power substation located 14 km to the east. The property is located in the north-western portion of the central metasedimentary belt of the Grenville geological province.
Many gold, copper, silver and/or manganese mineralized showings have been identified to date, with many characteristics suggesting of a sediment-hosted stratiform copper type mineralization (SSC) in the Eastern portion of the property and Iron Oxide Copper Gold (IOCG) and skarn type mineralization in the Western portion. Osisko holds a 2% NSR on 27 claims of the southern portion of the Mitchi property, outside of the sedimentary basin.
Pourvoirie Fer à Cheval
On august 2019, Kintavar acquired the pourvoirie Fer à Cheval to advance development of the Mitchi Project.
The Acquisition is strategic for Kintavar as it addresses several key points:
- Private road, power line (15km), fueling station, 3 helicopter pads
- Major impact on future CAPEX to develop the project
- Over 100 sleeping accommodations
- Building stronger ties with the local communities
- Existing business with over 10 years in operation
- Cash flowing business working with the forestry industry, Hydro Quebec, local ATV & snowmobiling
- 240 km2 of exclusive fishing & hunting territory covering a large portion of the Mitchi basin
Subscribe for free to our newsletter by clicking the button below.